Eagle Rock College admits those students who have the potential to successfully complete the educational programs. The College evaluates all students and makes admissions decisions on an individual basis following the admission policies set forth in the catalog. All applicants must have attained a High School Diploma, GED, or its recognized equivalent, passed the General Education Development (GED) or the California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE), or the High School Equivalent Test (HiSet).
All applicants are required to visit the College prior to enrollment to obtain a clear understanding of the College, view the facility and meet with faculty and staff. Interest persons are encourage to see the College Catalog for complete description.
For admission to one of Eagle Rock College’s Associate’s degree programs, an applicant will complete or submit the following:
- High school diploma or transcript indicating that the student graduated from an accredited high school, GED, or recognized equivalent.
- Official transcripts of postsecondary level institutions previously attended by the applicant. All non-English transcripts must be translated into English and be officially certified.
- Complete an Eagle Rock College Application Form (see catalog for applicable fee).
- Attend a New Student Orientation.
Prospective students who are planning to apply to the English as a Second Language program must complete adhere to the following admissions requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Submit a copy of a high school or college diploma (if in a foreign language, the transcript must be translated into English and notarized)
- Complete an International Student Application
- Provide financial statement
- Submit copy of I-94 and passport
- Pay initial fees:
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- $100 non-refundable Form I-20 processing fee
- $200 SEVIS-901 fee (paid directly to SEVP)
- Take campus tour
- Take written and oral English placement exams during the admissions process to determine which ESL level to be placed in corresponding to the scores achieved on the placement exams (see “Minimum Requirements Needed to Advance to Next Level” section for placement exam scores based on each level)
- Must have sufficient funds to cover the cost of attendance for the intended course of study
- Financial Support Document must be submitted (The Financial Support Documents is available by contacting the Admission’s Office)
The F-1 student visa applicants must have evidence by submitting a recent official financial statement or those sufficient funds are immediately available to pay all tuition and living costs for the entire period of intended stay.
Advanced placement and appropriate academic credit will be granted to students passing challenge exams who demonstrate mastery of any course offered by Eagle Rock College. The administrative fee of $50 applies for each course that is being challenged. Credit for such courses will appear as “CR” on the student’s Eagle Rock College transcript and will not be included in the GPA calculation.
ERC will award prior learning qualifying credits-up to 70% of credit/hours for the desired program. Transfer students must meet the admission requirements required of the program. Upon admission, academic credits earned at other approved/accredited institutions will be evaluated and if appropriate, transfer credit (TC) will be awarded on a course-by-course evaluation for similar subject and content and closely approximating the units and instructional hours as those offered by ERC.
To learn how your transfer credits could help you complete your programs please call our Admissions Advisor.
For Degree Program
Prospective students must take and pass the entrance examination. The College uses the Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam (SLE) as its entrance test. Eagle Rock College adopts the minimum passing scores as indicated by the publisher, which are as follows:
|Name of Course||
Minimum Passing Test
|Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology||15|
Established procedures for admission to Eagle Rock College:
- The applicant will make an appointment with the College.
- The prospective student will be given the School Performance Fact Sheets.
- The prospective student is given a tour of the facilities.
- The applicant will take the entrance examination. ESL applicants will take the placement test.
- The applicant will be notified of the decision of the Admissions Department when the above procedures have been completed.
- Students with special needs will be addressed on a case-to-case basis. The facility can be accessed by wheelchair. Students who suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome will use voice recognition software to learn computer application programs. However, the college will refer students to other educational institutes that have better resources to meet specific special needs of students.